Friday, September 01, 2006

Touching?.....

I can't believe this, but I actually find Unfaithful, by Rihanna, really, really good.

Ofcourse, I've always been a sucker for songs with heavy piano accompaniment. That, and a really nice tune (though somewhat simple) should make it good.

What peeves me for liking it is because of it's lyrics. The song is basically about a girl feeling guilty for two-timing her boyfriend, with the boyfriend's knowledge. The fact that the guy (somewhat) condones it makes it even sicker (ier...whichever). I mean, look, if you're male and you know your girl is "happy with another guy"; And, with most (not all) affairs, it's usually all about...erm...How could a man live with that???

Of course, the fact that the girl is feeling guilty to the extend of implying that she's killing her man, is some consolation, but nowhere is she indicating she planning to stop the extra-curriculum activities....She just sounds like she wants to ditch her guy to save him all the pain. Though the ditch is going to hurt too, but at least that should be the last..Should be....

Yet despite knowing the lyrics (I have a softcopy, haha!) I still find the music soothing. Something must be really wrong with me....

And I love Evanescence latest single. Can't wait for the album...

More ANGST for me!!!!

No comments: