Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Of Friends and....

Well, the whole lack of it..

For those unfamiliar of me, I have few friends. At the current moment I count 3. But then again, friends for me are people that I can really call upon in my hour of need and that I know, despite all our differences I will not have any problems spending time with them.

The funny thing is that, I realise (awhile back, actually), none of my friends belong to the same ethnicity as I am.

A quick aside, as I live in Malaysia, where there are several major races and countless minor ones, despite all our hoo har on being a mutiracial nation, people as they have all been have a tendency to stick to their own kind. So Malays hanging out with Malays, Chinese with Chinese, etc. Common; Expected.

I am Chinese. Of the 3 I call Friend, 1 is a Malay. Another a mixed Indian-Sarawakian Bumi( Bidayuh I think...uh oh.. not good). The last one is a Sri-Lankan Chinese mix. I have no Chinese friends. I had one during my school years but as I grew older and started working, I became more and more distant from my own ethnicity as ever. No wonder I have problems attracting chinese females. :D

I do not feel bad at the lack of Friends, as I always feel that friends should be far and few as these people require alot from me to keep. If I have too many Friends, I lose the ability to contribute to the friendship as I would want to/need to and then they all just turn into mere associates/acquaintances.

I just feel so weird sometimes that I am so far off the common grid I need to tell myself its true. Oh, its true...

No comments: