Thursday, August 25, 2005

Summer Cleaning

People clean their house ususally nearing their main yearly holidays, Chinese before CNY, Malays before Hari Raya Aidifitri, Indians before Deepavali, Christians before Xmas, etc... My family never cleans for any festivities..ever...We'd try, every now and then, but the house still looks like a mess. Which explains my I don't invites friends over during festivities. Visitng a dumpsite just isn't a place you'd like to go....especially during festivities..

For some unknown reason, it was decided that there were too much junk at home (like, duh!) and that it's time to make space. Better reason would be that my mother stresses out when the house is in a mess, and for a person with a heart condition, stress is not something we'd like her to have...Oh, btw, my parents are moving in...Explains the need to clean up.

This is not to say that my house (which currently houses all my siblings bar 1) was ever really clean when our parents were with us. It's just that back then, she could handle stress. Now stress = hospital visits... So for the past 2 weeks my siblings and I have been cleaning up the house every night (close) after work, and weekends as well (sometimes). Now the house looks even messier with many things that need to go still residing at home.

Our target date is at the end of month, which is also when our parents return. We even had an 'project planner' created on Excel just to ensure each of us complete our task on time. Actually, it was more to remind us to complete it on time...We are a procrastinating bunch, you see....

So that's the story on Summer Cleaning. It isn't over, and hopefully it'll make the house hospitable enough for guest...

Oh, funny line I said to my siblings the other day, : Imagine all this hard work, and at the end of day, our house still look like a mess?"

No comments: