Friday, August 26, 2005

What is point blank range???

Would you believe it that point blank range is anything 5 meters or less?

Last Friday, I went to a shooting range as part of a compnay activity. We were given a pistol, Baretta something, which has a magazine capacity of 15 rounds. But, we were only given 10 rounds to begin with.


At first, practice shots (5 rounds) were at 5 meters, of which my shots were all within the target area (8 point or higher). Then the next 5 rounds were at 10m. BOy, did I sucked then..

Then came the competition round. I had 10 rounds at 10m, and guess what? I only hit the target 8 times for a total points of 24! (Insert extremely embarressed me here....)
Oh, less I forget, my sister, who incidentally works in the same company as I do, shot a 91! (Max score 100) Thank god some other guy got 94, or else I'd be haunted by this utter humiliation. She was second best, so that's not bad at all!

Hmm, so my point blank range is 5m. Anything further than that, I'll miss. So no worries if I have a gun, people. I can't hit shite!

No comments: