Sunday, November 27, 2005

Of weddings and findings

Pre-Post:

Never go to a Chinese Wedding Dinner in my country on time. If they say it starts at 7pm, it's likely to start at nine. Less you are going with your sig-other, or a bunch of friends who'll spare you of a movie length of boredom, take my advise.

Post:

Went to a wedding last night. It was one of my colleague, and I must say the couple looks good together. Surely a match to envy. But I'm not really keen to post about the bride & groom. I'd like to write on my observations during the wedding.

First of, it was a chinese wedding dinner, at a hotel. It wasn't an expensive hotel, so the banquet area was quite big. I guess that's the economics, lavish hotel, smaller banquet, reverse when applicable.

Food was ok, standard 8-10 course meal (oops, don't even remember how many dishes there were, probably due to alcohol consumption), which was delayed as the 'VIPs' (bride & groom) were late. Me being me, I arrived o time only to suffer boredom for a good 1/2 hour before entetainment began showing up.

And this entertainment came rather unexpectedly (or it's just me being naive). The ladies (those aged 16-40s) started turning up with more, and even more cleavage revealing dresses. Some of these ladies I know, especilly those at work, but to see them dress up this way......

I don't know, and i shouldn't be complaining, but it was as though there was a unmentioned competition amongst them.....Who's got more to reveal, and who dares to reveal more.. I mean, legs you don't see a whole lot, but cleavage......

Don't they know that alcohol will be served? And that some men will loose their inhibitions (or pretend to loose them) and go all out to, 'get more'? Wait, why do I even worry, since it is this 'sets' that opens the opportunity for relationships to form. As for myself, I chose to focus more on F&B than the 'other' entertainment. Don't want to get myself into trouble.

Whatever it is, I just hope that they realise that when you're dressed to be seen, expect looks comin your way. And you don't get to choose who looks. It can be the cutest guy yu'd probably want to date and be with for the rest of your life, to some lowlife 60+ old man still trying to revive his manhood. I personally believe women should be allowed to wear whatever their comfortable (men too, but we're less adventurous on this area) with, and it's the people who see them who should have the right mental state and control. If you can't handle it, don't look.

Oh well, left te wedding right after the food ran out (course dinners alwas serves dessert as the last dish, so that's a good time to go), so I didn't stick around for more action. I'm pretty sure many others got drunk, and some of them were single (not necessary available) females that the men work so had to get them high, which should lead to more interesting stories. I'll just wait to hear about them when I get back to work.

No comments: