Friday, March 10, 2006

Singapore, 4th March 2006 (part II)

So where was I?

Oh, we discovered that we were about 300 lots away from our hotel on the same street. With the luggage that we have, the 300 lots weren't as appealing as you'd think. But our need to settle down (as in check in, not anything else, mind you) as well as my need to, ahem, clear certain parts of my body, was good enough motivation that we proceeded to the hotel asap...Oh, asap differs especially when you have people who don't walk fast (you know who I mean, haha).

Upon reaching the entrance to the hotel (fyi, it's a budget hotel, so no fancy lobby to s(h)it and wait...Me and Azmin went up to the reception on 2nd floor to check in..(read this) As we checked in, the receptionist/front desk/owner (probably) asked if it was just 2 persons....And Azmin said yes!!Then we got a room that just outside the reception!! Once we moved into the room, we had to decide quickly how we were going to get Loco & Dawn in as there was no way would could sneak them into our room. It didn't take too long for Azmin to 'bear it all' with the hotel and bring in the rest, while I decided to clear my bowels. (!)

After I finished taking care of myself, I found it worrying that they were still not inside the room. My guesses include:
1) They came in, and went out to chill;
2) The hotel said no to having 4 persons in the room and forces them to check in in another room, thus Azmin is with them;
3) The hotel has no other rooms and wants them elsewhere;
4) The hotel isn't happy we (Azmin, I'm so crucifying you on this one, haha!) lied, and thus god knows what else would have happened'
5) They're still negotiating the deal.
So I decided to go out to look for them, only to discover them all seated in front of the room and the reception. It seems that the hotel does not have extra keys, and the one I have in the room (needed to turn the power on) was the only key that can unlock our room door. So they had waited all this while (I was happily freshining myself, haha) and they were obviously unhappy. It didn't help that I could see no wrong in what I've (not) done, I mean, I really didn't know. But an apology would have made things easier. And you guessed it right, I didn't apologise.

So while Dawn proceeds to freshen herself, the guys (3 Liverpool fans, btw), decided to do some deck practice. At the same time, the trip got it's eventual name, 2 liverpool fans, 1 random girl and a dumba$$ in the toilet came from....that's not relevant. It did, ofcourse, made me feel bad (I actually reacted like a very mean kid, haha)...Fortunately, the other 2 liverpool fans were more adult than myself and the whole situation was 'resolved' peacefully. It wasn't fully resolved, but an understanding was achieved to allow us to proceed with the trip without too much bad blood.

Oh, I should mention, I haven't decided on which deck to play yet. I brought GoldBerg & Chris Benoit, as well as borrowed (insert serial caller)'s Your Freakin' Hero...but still continued to question myself who to play. Everyone's advise to play the deck I'm most comfortable with didn't seem to sink in, and I continued on my streak of insanity by even building yet another deck, RVD, and playtested it that night. It didn't work, of course (and thank god, you'll find out too tomorrow) so try and guess who I played the next day?? (Those who already know need not answer aloud).

In the end, after several games (which actually isn't enough), I decided the inevitable......I shal play Your Freakin' Hero!!! And then I proceeded to go to sleep, got to wake up early tomorrow, you see.

Sidenote: The was EPL that night, and as usual I decided against watching the Liverpool match. They didn't lose, but they didn't score either....And they haven't won since....boo hoo..

No comments: