Thursday, January 11, 2007

The whole new year.....

So I spent 2 weeks (one each year) doing nothing but being sick and playing PC games....

NeverWinter Nights 2 is sufficiently addictive, though at some point I felt the first installment was better...Then I realise I can get all my followers to stay put (and out of trouble) while my main character tears through the city...It doesn't help the fact that my PC (as in personal computer, not Player Character) is becoming obsolete, so displaying more than 4 moving objects in pretty good graphics is more than my system can handle. Hence why it was key to be able to ask all my companions to stay home while I go hack'n'slashing...

Wait, this is about the new year, not about my NeverWinter 2 experience...(will try to put up a different post later....way later...)

Hmmm, I didn't go to any X'mas party because the stingy part of me realised that spending RM50 for booze to bring to the party when I rarely drink so that I make up for the 'entrance' fee wasn't worth it. Last year (2005) I went to the same party (ok, not the same since it's another party held about a year apart, but same host and location) and stayed until the next day afternoon. What did I do? Drank a couple (no beers, as always), endure some amounts of cigarette smoke, lousy music selection (I obviously have differing taste compared to the host and his peers) and after that, slept on the floor. So all that isn't really worth RM 50, really. And no, i didn't really got to know much new people because, well, it may be my fault for not networknig but that's just how it is...Any surprises I gave that party a miss in 2006??

There was another party for the new year that I also gave a miss. It was suppose to be a reunion of sorts as a lot of the people I used to work with (all have since left the company I'm still stuck in) as well as having a number of people still working with me (nobody works for me, so with me is the only term I can use). There was the lure of good food, but again as with most parties, there is an 'entry' fee that I wasn't too keen in paying. So I conveniently forgot about it too...

Suffice to say I am not a party person. I don't mix/mingle well, don't hold proper conversations (less you're as sick and sarcastic AND talk about weird topics like me, it's unlikely you'd find me worth talking too), don't get drunk (others insist I have, but they haven't the slightest clue) and don't do funny things to get people's attention. So as much as a party bores me, I bore parties too. You could say me and parties, mutually exclusive...

And 2007 took over. No new year resolutions, other than a need to get fitter than what I am now. Tennis is something I'm planning to do, since a court is conveniently placed inside my Apartment grounds...All I need is another player, 2 racquets and a good number of balls. Tennis balls. I have the racquets and balls. If only that friend of mine will turn up as regularly as I hope. Any other takers?? Thursday nights are tennis night....

Some people continue to query when I'm going to start driving....Well, if I don't own a car, how shall I drive? On the range?? I wished they'd stop asking, as my answer will always be that I have no car to drive, and thus no need to know how (even if I eventually may or may not know how to, that will still be the answer). Until a time if you see me on the driver's seat and actually steering a car away, I DO NOT DRIVE.

For those who have been reading this blog for the past couple of years, my yearly trip to Singapore is coming up. It's brought forward this year, on Jan 28th, so I'll have yet another story to tell, and hopefully it won't take me 2 months to wirte it. Still better than a bloke I know who went to England and NEVER completed his story...bleh..

Lastly, before I close of my first post this year, I've come to a realisation............... That I have no realisation.....Haha....Life is good, and Life goes on...(Splinter)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So honest :)