Thursday, September 18, 2008

A jinx no more?

Interestingly, I sat through the entire Liverpool Man Utd match last weekend and it seems my jinx is over. Or is it?

I really wanted to leave the match actually, more so when in the 3rd minute, due to some non-existent defending from Javier Mascherano, Liverpool were a goal down. With me was Azmin and Andy and boy was Andy happy I stayed while Azmin was really wondering why I'm still around.

But somehow I watched on. Ok, I'll blame it on inertia. I do have a problem willing myself to do things when I'm not doing anything at all. So sitting down and having my eyes fixated on the TV was about as much I could do then.

But strangely enough, Edwin Van De Sar (the Man Utd keeper) decided to do what I've always hoped he'd do. Make a howler. From a deflected shot across his goalmouth, he decided to palm the ball onto an incoming Man Utd defender who could do nothing as the ball cannons off and rolled into the net. Liverpool 1 Man Utd 1. Things seem to be changing?

A long and ardous battle on the field later, Ryan Babel, who I couldn't understand why he didn't start, was substituted in. Before that, a Man Utd legend of sorts, as well as one of the few Man Utd players that I actually liked, was subbed in. He was Ryan Giggs. In his prime he was one of the most dangerous left wingers ever. On last weekend however, he wasn't exactly in his prime or playing all that well.

From a failed attempt to clear, Mascherano made something out of nothing of Gigg's insistent to let a ball run free, stole it, released it to Dirk Kuyt who happily passed it to an unmarked Babel and...!!!!

!!!!!GOAL!!!!!!

Liverpool 2 Man Utd 1!!!!!!

Everyone in the restaurant (bar silly Man Utd fans, ofcourse..:p) roared with approval (and for me, relief). That was in the 77th minute. The next 20 minutes or so was extremely anxious and I was actually telling myself that a draw would still be acceptable.

But in the end, the score stayed and Liverpool finally beat Man Utd after 9 meetings!!! Looks like we don't need Danny Murphy anymore!!!!
hahaha

That was fun, though I can't say so much about the rest of my weekend.
On a side note, last Saturday's piano class had a new teacher, who spoke to me in Mandarin!! Eventually she got the notion I don't understand mandarin (me not responding to her question would have made it obvious, no? :p) and she used cantonese instead. Maybe I should ask for an English speaking teacher. Otherwise I will have communication issues....:-(

We shall see.

Oh, bad piano habits that I have.

1) Play without proper tempo, usually too fast.
2) Keep raising my fingers away from the keyboard.
3) Tense posture.

Better start practicing!!!

No comments: