Friday, March 18, 2005

Singapore Raw Deal Qualifier - Epilogue

And so the odyssey to Singapore came to an end. We basically sped off to the MRT, caught the next available bus to Customs, went straight through it (with Ahmad deciding against small talking with Customs Officer only to be 'bag searched' by the Malaysian customs instead) and caught the same bus to the bus station in Johor. At least I think it was Johor. It's not like I've really set foot there, you see.

Once at the station, we got lucky with a bus leaving in 15 minutes or so (Malaysian time....you know, late by 30 mins)... I stayed, I think with Azmin and Dawn on the bus, while Ahmad, Shaz and Andy went scouring for food as everyone was hungry. I wasn't hungry, as i had...(talk about that later) but I chose to ask them to get me McD's as well... Ans a bottle of mineral water....Man, was I thirsty or what (I didn't share the water, fyi..)

Once everyone was onboard, the bus went a'rollin' and we happy munchin' McD's. Sorry, Wolf's Game Shop Owners, we do love McD!! While the bus switched off most the lights there were six sleep deprived but hyper active failed to make it to top 16 amatuer wrestlers happily relating their experience to each other not bothering the fact that it was night and other passengers were trying to sleep! Yeah, we were mean.....really mean...So...There's 2 things yoo can do....(Wrestlers, complete the sentence yourself).

On the bus, as mentioned we took turns relating our experience. All of us remember Ahmad's "Multi!" screams, his threat to his last opponent (he personally repeated this like, 5 times! (5 times! 5 times! 5 times! 5 times!) ), Azmin's 1st opponent, Andy's victory rolls, Shaz....was pretty quiet (didn't hear him shouting "it's all about nipples!"), Dawn's lack of opportunity to exploit her feminity, and Ben's 6-1 result that didn't make top 16! After the Bus stopped for a break, we returned to the bus and finally decided to retire (I mean sleep). Oh, Azmin made a new friend/foe. His 1st opponent sms him the result and wanted to sell Paid Laid and Made to us at !!!!!30 sing!!!! We of course said no.........

Lastly, we arrived in KL about ( i don't really remember the time) 5am? Everyone but me got off at Bukit Jalil and I walked home......from the exit at Desa Petaling.....The last thing I remember about the trip? Sleeping at my own bed at home. There's just no place like it.

So, in summary, here's some things you ought to know about this trip:

1) No one smoked in my room in Singapore (Azmin couldn't find a big enough closet to smoke in, poor boy)

2) I completed my Burger King Quest. I had Burger King for supper as I packed a Whopper on the last day and had it at about 6/7 pm. While some people would say that's dinner, others know it as supper too. So that's quest completed to me. 5 of 5. And there's 2 things you can do.......

3) Ahmad took loads of pictures. If you haven't seen them, it's because he's got 'evil' intentions (ala VooDoo). In other words, where are the photos, Ahmad?

4) I am so happy no one did better than me in the tournament (sorry, self inflation in progress). Despite them beating me to the pulp during playtest, I benefitted most from it. I knew all their moves, and the counters. Frankly speaking, I was very confident (and extremely stressed) as I know there was only one reason why I would lose, my own mistake. And yes, it was my own mistake at round 6 that lost me top 16. Overall, I'm better than you! (self inflation reaching dangerous limits. Activate deflation measures asap before overload occurs and ego boost become setups! (What??))

5) You do not need Sing 200.00 for a weekend there, and 5 burger King meals isn't shopping. Not even 30 Sing worth of packs is. Now, what do I do with my foreign currency?????

6) Dawn is extremely sporting. Being a new wrestler (like 1 week before tourney?) she playe all 7 rounds despite....not so positive results against....minors. If it was I, me and my pride would have gotten the better of me. Never give up!

7) Shaz, who borrowed my toothless aggression, seemed to have taken it to seriously. It was truly rare to see Shaz somewhat serious, (and toothless) as nipples and what not wasn't shouted across the venue. Either that or his impending knot tieing got the better of him...We missed you....NOT!

8) Andy's decision to be Jelly Koh over Chyna was....unfortunate. She would have been a threat has she had played. And there was no Chyna player. IMHO.

9) Brian and Wolf See FFK!!!!! Those....um..sorry, they probably had good reason not to turn up, but mayhaps your missing auras and support lost us top 16? (excuses)

10) To top it off, never, ever, ever never, ever, ever, never ever ever talk about the water issue, or other issues unresolved between Malaysia and Singapore, if you are Malaysian in Singapore especially in public. You need to have a death wish to do that. (or I just hate singaporeans).

Whatever. Hope you had a good read. Next up, what happened on the last Pre Armageddon Tourney in Wolf's Game Shop. Retold from GOLDBerg's eyes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Altough I don't really understand raw deal (because I had no knowledge about the cards, only a bit remember of the gameplay), I'm not really understand the fights.

But I like reading your experiences in singapore, I think you can write a comedy fiction :P .