Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Singapore Raw Deal Qualifier - Prologue

Last Friday I could hardly work. Starting at 11am, with the intention to make it for the 10.30pm Train down to Singapore, i could only think of several things:

1) GoldBerg or Evolution?
2) Did I bring all the important stuff, like passport, toiletries, spare underwear (no, I didn't really think about this one, but thought it should be fun to add in)?
3) Change RM with $Sing
4) GoldBerg or Evolution?
5) Burger King.....yum

A chat with Azmin, Ahmad and Dawn resulted in me announcing my intention to have Burger King for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Supper & Takeaway.....(you'll find out later if I succeeded). Spoke to my colleague so that I could leave an hour early by skipping lunch. We agreed it was ok, but something came up and I ended up leaving office quarter past 8pm.

Was getting desperate to get to the shop, so that I could meet up with Ahmad (my bunk mate on the train) and Wolf (for directions to Hotel in Singapore & Suntec Convention Centre). Contemplated to take the cab only to have to wait another 5 minutes and when I saw a bus passing by, took the bus instead.

Reached the shop (That's Wolf's Game Shop, where all the 'Wrestler's congregate in AmCorp Mall, PJ) quarter to 9 and was glad to see ewveryone there. Initial entourage was 10 persons, then it dwindled to 8 (eventually it went to 6, but that's another story). Wolf (who owns the shop and a regular tripper to Singapore) had a tough time trying to get us to confirm how many rooms we need. I have always insisted that I share the room with minimal people, and as Ahmad shares the same 'hate' for 'FOG', sharing the room with him was the 'perfect' plan. Then there were the rest, Andy, Shaz, Brian, Dawn (all 'foggers') and Azmin (the 'closet fogger'. Haha, gotcha!) Initial plans had more people, and required more rooms but with only 7 (Wolf to join us Saturday night), 2 rooms was the end result. Mr. Closet Fogger had to share the room with us non-smokers!

The rest then decided to share a room to optimise financials. Off we go to the train station as it was getting closer to 10.30pm. Oh, forgot to mention, upto now, no one has any Sing $$! We crossed our fingers hoping that the FE-Office is still open by the time we reached there.

Oh, btw, during the chat earlier it has been established that Sing$$ 100 should suffice for the 48 hour trip. However, due to my, erm, Burger King cringes, I got Sing$$ 200 instead...Yes, I need that much of Burger King!

We reached there with ample time and got our Sing$$ too! Then we hopped (figuratively) into the train and I found my bunker only 6 feet long! Man, did I have trouble sleeping that night. Had one game in bed (Wrestling game, mind you) and decided to chill to the restaurant hoping that they would have proper tables and chairs, which they did. Played another like, 5 games before calling it the day. (fyi, GoldBerg no good against FBI...really no good). Returned to the bunkers and tried to sleep. Was extremely restless and couldn't pass out. Then the train decided have a faulty caboost and stay put at Gemas for 90 mins! I took the opportunity to change my GoldBerg to be more aggresive (3 Blindside Slam!) and the nproceeded to try to go to sllep after the train began moving again.

Fast forward to 7.00am. Woke Ahmad up and proceeded to the restaurant again for more playtest. Found out that we will be arriving in Singapore late (no thanks to the 90 min delay) and reached Woodlands only at 8.45am. We proceeded to the Customs and......for the love of God....Ahmad small-talking with the Immigration Officer! When it was my turn, I thought must be some 'chun' chic at the counter......Let Ahmad tell all of you who he warmed up to....he he.

And that was it! We were officially in Singapore!

Part -1 up next!

1 comment:

ExecutorAzmin said...

Oit! What about the *ahem* other closet smoker!!!

And the extra money didn't really go to Burger Kings did it? He he... Carry on dude, doing a magnificent job!