Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Weekend Wedding

Most recently I have been troubled by my biological clock. However, since the beginning of the week, I have ceased to have these crazy thoughts and well, safe to say I'm temporarily cured. Whoever that said that men don't have their, ahem, monthly cycles lied. We just don't have them in such a scientifically reseached manner.

I was at a Malay wedding last weekend; Actually took the trouble to drive 3 hours/300KM just to be at a dinner reception that lasted 2 hours.. The main attraction was the supposed appearance of the crown prince of Pahang (that's a state in Malaysia) as well as the Sultan himself. Guess what? They both no show....Sad. The highest ranking person was the second son of the Sultan of Pahang.

The wedding took place in a hall, with a capacity of about 1000 persons. While the decorations were truly remarkable, candles, gold, silk, etc...The food was......common. Unlike the standard Chinese weddings, the food was displayed on each table wrapped in plastic so that people don't eat until the time is right (which is about 9.45pm???) And since there's only so much space in a table of eight, you can imagine how much food and variety is available. For those who are imagination challenged (can't seem to get this right), we had 1 chicken, 1 beef, 1 Acar (preserved vege), 1 vegetarian curry and desert. That's it. Thank god I didn't go all this way for the food.

The only consolation would be that being in Kuantan, I had the opportunity to buy really nice salted fish for my mom, and somewhat fitting for a Mother's Day present?? (Yes, call me El' Cheapo)...

2 comments:

ExecutorAzmin said...

It's still something dude... I was overwhelmed by the FA Cup I totally forgot about Mother's Day! :(

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I forgot about Mother's Day too! x_x Btw, let's go for karaoke this weekend. Friday night. Game? Ask the shop lar!

Dawn