Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Back on Borrowed Time

To some extent, that is. Doing this during working hours looks like borrowed time to me.

A little update over the last post:

1) I showed I knew Edge and Christian very well, and that I was.....That......Damn.....Good (yet another Wrestling related comment). However, UnderTaker answered GOLDBerg's Who's Next extremely well and Took Care of Business. Whooped me and took the Intercontinetal Belt.

2) I haven't had a single game of chess since my last post.....Boo Hoo. Isn't there anyone willing to spar with me???

Yesterday the official announcement of my impending return to my previous role came out. The permanent replacement's name was also announce. During that time (in the 'manager's' meeting), despite me already knowing this fact, my mood sunk yet again and I could hardly function properly. Safe to say I didn't exist in the office for a couple of hours despite physically there. I was just not in the mood to work. More reference to borrowed time??

Today there was a Cultural Day of sorts in my department and I had colleagues appearing in standard malay, chinese or indian costumes. Best, ofcourse were the non-indians willingness to put on a Saree. While some may say my office does not have beautiful women, I would say it is a welcomed change, at least once in a while.

Despite my attempts to not do much for the next couple of weeks, I couldn't stop myself from overtaking my colleague's camera and started acting like pro (when I'm not). Come to think of it, I think I was somewhat rude with the way I shove him off His camera and took over. Ouch. Me bad, very bad. That aside, we had the a pot luck thingy and there was so much food that I don't even need to buy dinner (the event happened late lunch). There's still alot of food left.

Back to taking photographs, I have a thing for angled shots and candid pictures. I like taking pictures when people least expect them (not too the extent that it becomes voyuer) and take them at embarassing moments. There was once a colleague fell asleep in the office (please don't think we have nothing to do at work, we do. Really) and I borrowed (again??) a phone camera and recorded a scene of him sleeping!

Other than the photographing sessions, loads of food, today has been quite a waste of time. I hardly have any mood to do anything (my boss finds out, I'm dead). Can't wait to go to Wolf's Gameshop tonight and play some wrestling. Glad I got some extra foils from Herman (a Singaporean who drops by the Shop once a month to sell Raw Deal Foils) that allows me a lot more options in deckbuilding (like I don't already have enough). Took me 3 hours last night just to rearrange my foils.

It's now 7.45pm. 2 plus hours to go. Can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting event on your department. Where is the piccies? :P