Friday, April 08, 2005

What happened after WrestleMania XXI

It was a good show. Fine entertainment for 4 hours. Granted some of the matches were a bore, i.e. Cena VS JBL, Big Show and some Sumo wrestler, etc... But the matches between Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels, 6 Man Money in the Bag Ladder Match and, ofcourse, HHH and the current World Heavyweight Title Champ, BATISTA were great matches. That was a superb show from the start (ring entrances) 'till finish (Batista Bomb on HHH). I have to admit, I was routing for Batista all the time.

You see, fyi to those who aren't into Wrestling, Batista (new upstart wrestler) was HHH (veteran wrestler) understudy in a team known as Evolution, of which 1 member has already left (Randy Orton, also young upstart wrestler). During the buildup to WrestleMania XXI, Batista challenged HHH for the World Heavyweight Title (If you don't know, sports in rings love heavyweight stuff, so lightweight stuff just don't bring on the power) @ WrestleMania XXI. While the challenge was Paid (signed-off), Laid (on contract) & Made (Fixed Venue & Date), it was still a number of weeks before the final confrontation. So wrestling enthusiast had the opportunity to see how Batista condition himself for the match (no, not by showing his gym routines, but his in-ring speeches and other matches) and also see how HHH was reeling off the prospect of being beaten (RAW) by BATISTA.

And BATISTA won. And kept the title the next day as well (Oh, title matches ususally have a rematch clause and it is usually used the next day). But enough talk about WrestleMania XXI. Let's talk about the other things that happened.

One of my long time fueds is my GOLDBerg (talking about the Raw Deal Wrestling game here) and Andy's (another RAW DEAL player) Jellykoh (Actually known as Chris Jericho, but I have given him the nickname out of sheer disgust). There has been many encounters between us, and most often our meetings have been dissapointing for me. However, while he beats me regularly in tournaments, JellyKoh hasn't really won any tournaments, unlike GOLDBerg. So, after weeks of trash talking and dissing, it was decided we would go one on one to settle this fued (Yeah right...We were just looking for another excuse to fight!). (WARNING!!! Significant references to RAW DEAL game up ahead.)

Our duels with each other is of such multitude that we are constantly looking to outwit each other during prematch. My latest counter for Hell in a Cell Match was Vince McMahon, GRA. However, in the last tournament he outwitted me with Will You Please Shut Up, causing me to start with a hand of 2 cards (sue to GGGGOOOOLLLLDDDD.......Berg). My inability to recover my hand resulted in GOLDBerg hit with Victory Roll without any fortitude.

That was to change. While I knew I had to counter Hell in a Cell Match (HiaCM), I also know that starting with 2 cards is not gonna cut it for me. So I went for a different angle and chose to go with 2 belts, drop a WrestleMania (during WrestleMania!!) and outlast his prematches so that my Vince GRA can come in and blank HiaCM instead of Indian Strap Match (FYI, he would play Indian Strap Match first, bait out my Vince GRA and then drop Summer Slam and HiaCM later to avoid the blanking effect). All went as plan and I dropped:

Little Rock, Arkansas (yes, I went Volley),
no fued.. Backstage Politics
no stip Indian Strap Match
Managed by Steph none
World HeavyWeight Title Belt Will You Please Shut Up
I've Had More Championships than You've had Women Not Today CupCake

At this point, I was completely destroyed in terms of Prematch as I no longer have slots to play when he blanked I've Had More Championships than You've had Women. His last prematch was I Don't Care About Heat.

However, I got to start with 8 cards in hand and by playing volley (which is so good agianst heat decks), GOLDBerg Cold-Cocked JellyKoh!!!! (FYI, Cold-Cocked is a Raw Deal card, not some term used to describe victory).

Then I proceeded to play in a triple threat match as Brock Lesnar against John Cena and Eugene. Both of them seemed to have comboed against my deck with HiaCM and Cena's Yo! Kill the Beat!. Since then, I decided Lesnar would be a spectator rather than a wrestler for that match and allowned Eugene to pin Cena. (Cena, you lying SOB, you deserve losing to a retard!!!!)

Away from Raw Deal references, the gang also brought along PS2 and we had several games of soccer. Since I didn't know how to play, I was trashed....But it was fun.

Then I realised I have been awake for more than 36 hours, so decided to leave an made a move to be in the best place when you're tired. Bed. My own Bed.

Enough about that Monday.......May I find more things to write sooner.......

No comments: