Tuesday, September 06, 2005

What now?

The decision to name my new boss has been delayed, making my own decision to follow my old boss delayed as well. Everyone I know asks me the same million dollar question, "So when are you moving down to 14th floor?"

Inertia. By definition is directly related to one's weight. I am approx. 100KG, so I surely have a higher degree of inertia compared to others. So what does inertia have to do with me, or anything? Basically inertia talks about objects preference to remain in their current state. If you are moving, you'd like to remain moving. But if you are at a stop, you'd need a whole lot of energy to get you going again.

That's where I am now. At a halt. Full stop. I am so bored of trying new things, so tired of the things I do now, and so reluctant to change my environment. Near the end of last year I contemplated to work on a cruise (ot that I was getting a job...) and that never materialsed 'cos I'm so lazy to change my lifestyle. Not to mentioned I just got myself a RM 9K instalment to pay-off. So I remained where I was. Even further back, I wanted to move out of my apartment that I pay rent monthly so that I'd live on my own...I even had a friend that found me a place that was near to where I work, and within my budget....

Of course, if I have moved, I'd probably not be writing this now... Now I am at another corner of my life. I need to change me, but I can't muster the will to make that change. Nor do I have the courage to be what I am currently not. Then there's always that age old defence of trying to stay me, not wanting to change for change's sake, not wanting to become someone else....Excuses...

I once tried to explain that excuses aren't reasons...I can have 1000 excuses why I shouldn't change...But the truth is, I have no reason to it. So I should change. Be someone else...Not like the current me is getting me anywhere....

1 comment:

Lady Aurora said...

Jeez, what weirdos... they posted something similar in my blogger page too. :P They've apparently found a new way to advertise.

As for the inertia, I know what you mean, dude. It's always difficult to stop doing something and go in a totally new and different direction. Still, hope you'll be able to do it if it's to your advantage. Ciao!