Friday, December 26, 2008

The adventure begins!....Part 3 of the HK Trip

Thursday morning and for the first time me and my chinese colleague decided to grab some authentic HK breakfast. You see, during the training we couldn't because we had this muslim colleague to be 'thoughtful' of, but for this breakfast we kinda made it known we weren't going to settle for anything BUT non-halal food. I think he ended up having instant noodles. oops. I had pork chop and 'nai cha'! Yipee. Unfortunately 'nai cha', which is the equivelant of a 'teh tarik' in Malaysia, doesn't come close to as nice. I miss my country already..:(

Now, a little bit about my 'friend' in HK. Well, to those that know me know that I have few friends, if any, at all. I'm just not all that friendly, I guess. My loss. This guy I got to know from playing Raw Deal wrestling card games. Over time, we had some trades and with the game dead and him moving to HK, he asked me to caretake some of his more expensive cards in a hope to liquidify them. Number of cards i've sold? NONE. hehe. He also offered to host if I ever decided to visit HK. So i took up the offer.

Now aside from his HP number, I have no other way to contact him. No email, no work address. I didn't even know where he lives! My colleagues in HK keep reminding me to find out where he lives so I can plan how to get to the airport on sunday but all I could tell them is I'd only find out when I meet him. I won't deny the whole time in HK I contemplated the possibility he might not turn up where we were suppose to meet on Thurday evening, leaving me relatively stranded and having to fork out more money just to find a place to stay and not get targeted by crooks who could obviously tell that I'm lost. I just kept telling myself,"My life is never that interesting..."...

Anyway, it was still a while before I would meet my host. I decided to tag along with the 2 guys to Mongkok which was where they'd be staying that one night. After seeing them lug their luggage all over HK (I kept mine in the office, as it is near where I'd meet up with my host later) and checking into a very 'space efficient' room, I wondered if I'd even have a place to sleep the next 3 nights. We then decided to go shopwalk as they seemed keen to find some items to buy back home. Me? I'm not buying nobody nothing but me. hehehe. I wan't even planning to buy anything for me as I didn't know if the items were cheaper in Malaysia.

Funnily, we stopped by a Bossini shop and they had this green jacket at HKD 199. Now, did I fail to mention it's winter over there? I did have a jacket, which I've worn the last 3 days, but getting another would be nice. The other guys just kept saying to buy it as it's cheap. I wouldn't be able to tell. So I asked the salesgirl to get me and XL or bigger, in hope that I'd get to check it out. Instead, they found the size I wanted and proceeded straight to the payment counter. I'm not that fast, you know...(nevertheless, I do own a green jacket now....)

We had McDonalds for lunch but I forgot to ask them what was pork. Dang. My muslim colleague only had fries. How sad. More walking later and I realised that all of a sudden my knees hurt. Mostly my left knee. So I called it quits and proceeded back to the office before meeting up with my host.

After grabbing my luggage, I proceeded to do this...
Photobucket

Man, that was stupid. SEETOOPEED. But I still managed to get a picture of my utter stupidity. how smart is that? hehe. Yeah, I laughed myself. I just couldn't do it out loud as I was putting on a pitiful face so that the MTR person could help me out. Suffice to say I didn't make that mistake anymore in HK, or well, any other place I plan to go to in the future..

Me and my host we to meet at one of the MTR stations at 6.30pm. I was of course, early (Malaysian time? What's that). So I waited. Oh, did I also mention that the last time I met him was in February? So I don't remember his face all that much. by the time 6.30pm came and went I told myself if he doesn't turn up by 7pm, I better get ready for a contingency.

And I waited...

and waited...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oi! what a cliffhanger! Complete the epic please..