Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Never Underestimate the Kindness of Humanity....Final Part of HK Trip

This isn't much of a epilogue or anything, but just a few things I'd like to write before I completely forget the HK trip and wondered what I did the first week of December in 2008.

The most important thing is that I'm really thankful and grateful of my host in HK. He has been so accomodating and helpful in making the whole HK trip possible. As I've mentioned earlier, I don't actually know him all that much. But the trip has given me a chance to know him a little more and really, even now, I still don't quite get what made me deserve such a good host. Now if only my future trips abroad I'd have such great host as well, I'd travel a whole lot more..

At the same time, it makes me think that when it's my turn to play host, I'd have his standards to meet or exceed, which is quite alot. It's not really so much of the free lodging and meals (he did buy me a meal here and there), but more to the whole 'hosting' ettiquette which is most impressive. I don't really know how else to say it, but a whole lot of thanks.

Secondly, I'd say that if given a choice (and no skin allergies to boot), I wouldn't mind living/working in HK. But I wouldn't want to raise a family there, as it's just too fast I think. Yet to think they've got so many people living in such a small place. I saw so many teenagers out at night at Mong Kok, I wonder if the parents could have some control to where the kids go. With everyone using the trains/subways et all, travel is too convenient, I believe. Respect to those who dared to be parents in HK (for those who actually made a thoughtful decision...)

Thirdly, be prepared to walk a whole freaking lot when travelling abroad. I didn't, hence the knees. Also, bring allergy medication just in case.

Lastly, Nothing beats being able to drive. To think I dodge that for 29 years...Such silly silly boy...

Ok, enough blogging for now....Hope this will be a good read in times to come.....

No comments: