Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Evanescence

My fav. band for the moment. I actually spend RM 36.00 to buy the original CD last month... (yes I know, they're a realtive has been now, they were hot a couple of years back).

The reason I bought the CD is because I figured that I would probably like all the songs in the CD, so it would be well worth it. Moreover, I think they deserve my royalty payment....

I have already memorised 5 out of 11 of the songs, and I want to make it at least 10 of 11 before I move on to memorise other songs. FYI, I still remember 9 out of 10 songs of the only other original album I bought, which was Wilson Phillips back in 1990!

I pity the people around me though, how they have to listen to a guy learning to sing songs by a female singer. Actually, they're mostly my siblings and parents, since I don't sing out loud elsewhere......hmmm..

I have to admit, the album is worth my every cent. Not that it's the best music money can buy, for that I would have to chose a CD compilation that had Overture to Manfred, Schubert's Symphony no.4 as well as Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 20 in 1 CD for me to say "that's the best music moeny can buy". The songs eventually seem to repeat itself on the verse sections, with the themes somewhat angst. But I guess that's what i like about Evanescence, how the angst is so well imbued in the music (Amy Lee's voice is also a major boon).

I also like the way electronic music blends with classical instruments. The piano in Bring Me to Life, Taking Over Me and the string arrangements in Whisper really is very good. It expunges my previous preference to keep Classical and Contemporary music apart.

Just helping think of other things....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ExecutorAzmin said...

Whaddya mean, 9 out of 10? What song did you not memorize? Impulsive??? (Love that one!)
The dream is still alive? WhICH ONE??

BenBHadd said...

It's Eyes Like Twins. One of the more, I'd say out of place songs in the album and due to lack (or zero) playing time on air, it's difficult to even remember the tune.

I made up by learning up Give it Up, so I know 10 songs from them anyway...

Anonymous said...

testing!!!!!!!!

Az

triona said...

oh i love the albulm. brilliant!!! one of my faves!!