Monday, October 31, 2005

I drank at a party???

I have to admit, last saturday, I actually drank liquor at a party. It was the first party I had the opportunity to go to with the folks at my favourite hangout store, Wolf's Games Shop. I do confess, I really wasn't sure why there was a party (I was informed originaly that it was for Wolf, but then it turned out it was for a host of other October babies, like my dad, my younger brother, etc.. :) ) and was informed of it by sheer concern of my Raw Deal Marketing Manager, Ms. Triona Lydia Leo at the eleventh hour as I was suppose to hold a tournament the next day (Oops, fragment).

Now, for people who don't know me (well enough), I do not drink beer, or any equivelant drink. If it's liquor, that's fine, but no beer. I just don't like it, period. I'm also a poor drinker, whereby a few drinks (i.e. 3+) should put me to sleep. And I don't get high from alcohol, but a kind of pain, which is why I have always said, "I will not replace 1 pain with another", i.e. No drowning of my emotional/mental anguish with alcohol and get myself physical pain.

Oh, I didn't drink for that either, that night. I drank because I was involved in a drinking game, which was, in my honest opinion, a lame excuse to drink as a penalty. The game had us taking 1 card each from a deck of cards, and the biggest card decides who needs to drink 1 shot of the available liquor. Then the victim gets to make up a new rule, in which case almost everyone decided to restrict speech freedom (e.g. Can't say drink, pass, etc.) Eventually, 1 round could have 5-10 shots being drunk by 1 or more persons, resulting in a single round lasting 10 minutes or so. And all everyone had to do is to keep their mouth shut. But then again, we all needed an excuse to drink.....I mean, they all.....really...

In any case, I didn't have to drink until half way through, when I said the 'illegal' words twice and downed 2 shots in a go. Subsequently I made several more mistakes and took about 6-7 shots in total. I wasn't wasted, but I like to act like I am. Otherwise people wouldn't give up on me.

What else happened during the party:

1) We watched EPL and was more keen on players playing well than the result itself.

2) I drafted my first Ravnica (M:tG) and lost due to mana screw. If not, I would have won on my first draft (wishful thinking)

3) Many people played twisters. I wanted to, but then wasn't sure I'd keep my hormones in check if I did, so abstinence is good prevention. There were girls at the party playing twisters, ok!

4) 3 chicks puked, though I can't recall if any of the guys did as well. I expected myself to puke, but I didn't. Not too sure why...

5) There's this couple that let 1/2 of the couple smooch another for everyone's view (including the said half). All in all I think they smooched like 5 times, at least. After the second one, it kinda got boring......Oh, nothing elsed happened....Or I'm not telling it here. You figure it out yourself.

6) Someone brought his new X-Box but didn't get to play it until like, 4am in the morning because there were football first, and then drunkards lying on the floor in front of the TV later. Eventually they moved away to, a) puke, b) puke, c) lie somewhere else.

7) We had a lot's of pizza. Rephrase. I had a lot of pizza. In total maybe about 10 slices over to feeding sessions. One when the pizzas arrived, about 10pm, and another at about 1am...

So all in all I had fun at the party. For once it wasn't a drinking party, where everyone was just trying to get everyone else drunk, though I know there were a few persons who wanted to get there. I hope I get to join them again for the New Year party, but we'll talk about that when we get there in 2 months time.

Till then, being sober is good. Being sober when everyone thinks your drunk is way better!

2 comments:

ExecutorAzmin said...

I quote:

"2) I drafted my first Ravnica (M:tG) and lost due to man screw. If not, I would have won on my first draft (wishful thinking)"

So, tell me, who was it??? Andy??? Loco??? Or was it NORMAN?? c'mon... who 'man screw'ed you??? ha ha

triona said...

oh god... im so ashamed!!!! *blush*