Monday, October 03, 2005

Paintball

Last saturday my company had a paintball event. For those who didn't noticed, the month before we had a shooting event, so immobile target before, live moving (yummy) human targets next.

(un)Fortunately, my dexterity is nigh zero and my team (of 4 teams) were at the bottom of the table when it comes to this years events. That, and the fact we're all a bunch of wossies (that didn't come out right), so I didn't expect us to shoot down the opposition and claim an upset (Note: Expectations aren't the same as hope, go figure).

Due to weird organisational skills, instead of a team of 5, my team had 6 persons, but there were only 5 vest. So I had to go in without one, but since I haven't played this before, I didn't know if it was a good idea to have a vest..I mean, it's not like I plan to get shot......

On my first game we lost because my team ran out of pellets. We were suppose to get 50 each, but 1 cupfull of pellets is not 50. In any case, at the last minute I got hit by a glancing shot that tore my palm's skin. I was the first bleeding participant. But hey, no shot to my body, didn't need a vest at all....

Next, my team lost again as our opponents captured the flag. Oh, it's a round robin of 3 games and capture the falg win condition, I didn't mention this earlier? I was shot halfway through the 5 minutes time limit, in the forearm. I still hav the bruise, but hey? NO hits on the body, no vest required....

In the third game, determined to not lose (not win, but not lose) or get shot, I decided to bunk at closest to the base and stay there. I fired some shots at, what, 100 feet (they don't hit, of course) and for some reasons, my opponents decided that with 30 secodns left, my team had no pellets left...Once came running around my left towards my flag, with me shooting at him continuously to no success (dexterity 0, remember? Absolute ly no hand-eye coordination at all). I got so frustrated that I went right infront of him (he was out of pellets as well) and gave him 2 shots at about 10 feet.

Back track. At ranges of less than 20 feet, one should aim for the legs ot avoid injuring others. Besides, at such short range, how could you miss?

But I did, so I shot him smack on his chest. Twice. Or so I thought. Later I saw him with a bandage in his left arm that was much worse an injury compared to mine. Oops. He did have a vest, so the second shot that was (suprisingly) on target didn't injure (he still complained about pain, though). Oh, I also took out another guy at less than 20 feet who also thought I had ran out of pellets...Not too bright, eh?

But My team couldn't advance to the next round, and so there ends my short love affair with paintball. It'was fun, especially when I didn't need a vest at all!! Should I mention I am larger than the average human???

You Can't See Me!! Ha ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.